Camping Les Murets is situated on the cycle path of a RAVeL route. You cycle along the Ourthe, both northwards to Liège and southwards to Durbuy. You can cycle completely flat from Maastricht, along the Meuse, to the campsite, via the Ourthe.
RAVeL routes are mostly flat cycle paths where there are no cars for the most part. RAVeL is the abbreviation for ‘Réseau Autonome de Voies Lentes’, ‘autonomous network for slow traffic’. They are the old towpaths along rivers or disused railway lines. If you deviate from this cycling path, you will soon find yourself climbing in Wallonia.
Junction network of the Province of Liège
The pleasant and safe network, based on the RAVeL, is suitable for putting together customised cycling trips for families, sportsmen or recreational cyclists.
- Plan your junction routes online and go and discover them! The campsite is situated between node 22 (Hony station) & 23 (Porte de Hony du Grand Site de la Boucle de l’Ourthe) (Enter Esneux at ‘Search’).
- Here you can find the map Ourthe-Vèsdre-Amblève of which the junction route passes our campsite! Junctions 22 & 23 are situated at the campsite.
- From Liege-Guillemins station to Camping Les Murets: 17 km flat, along the Ourthe via the junction network. At junction 22 you can cycle on to the campsite. We are between node 22 and 23. Liège-Guillemins is node 1, then 7-6-5-11-13-14-17-21-22. Welcome! Rest, pizza and a beer earned!
Several times a year there are cycling tours that come close to the campsite.
- Liège-Bastogne-Liège: the cycling classic for the pros takes place on Sunday 24 April 2022. Since 2008, the steep road to the Roche aux Faucons near the campsite is the last slope before the finish in Liège. You too can ride your Liège-Bastogne-Liège on Saturday 23 April 2022, one day before the pros, and get a taste of this mythical race.
- The Walloon Arrow for professionals will take place on Wednesday 20 April. The tour will pass Esneux before heading towards (the wall of) Huy. On 28 May 2022 it’s up to the cyclists!
- Tilff – Bastogne – Tilff : Sunday 5 June 2022
Bicycles can be rented for a few days at the station of Liège-Guillemins among others (16 min. by train from Les Murets campsite). It is about 17 km flat cycling to the campsite along the Ourthe from this station.
Mountain bikes are available for rent at www.venturix.nl . They can be picked up about 12 minutes drive from the campsite. You can arrange everything via that website.
You can cycle all the way from Maastricht, along the Maas, to the campsite, via the Ourthe. So also with the rental bike. For hikers on foot or by bike, we have rental chairs.
If you travel around by bicycle, there is always room. Then you do not need to make reservations. It is useful to send an e-mail if you come with a group larger than 10 people.