- On the E25 from Liège towards Luxembourg, take exit 41 Tilff. If your GPS sends you via Seraing and Boncelles (N663), coming from the north, it is better to avoid this steeper and winding route with larger campers and caravans and prefer to take exit 41 in Tilff. On the E25 from Bastogne towards Liège, take exit 42 Tilff.
- At the roundabout, take the exit towards Esneux and follow it for about 3 km
- In the village of Méry, take the first right to Hony (just behind the bus shelter, there is a sign ‘campings’). This is a sharp bend.
- Immediately after the bridge over the river Ourthe, turn left. There is a sign ‘campings’. Follow that road for about 1.5km (in the village of Hony, at the pharmacy, there is a crooked junction, go straight there) to a t-junction at Hony railway station.
- There turn right under the railway. Stay on the asphalt road by following the arrow ‘camping’ (= rue de Fèchereux).
- After 300 metres you will find camping Les Murets on your left.
⇒ Please note: if the total length of the vehicles exceeds 6 metres, you are not allowed to drive through the city of Liège. A city visit with vehicle(s) longer than 6m is therefore not possible. Get to the campsite by staying on the E25 towards Luxembourg (= the periphery around Liege) and taking exit 41 in Tilff.
By train – so comfortable: HONY station is 350 m from Les Murets campsite. From the mainstation Liege–Guillemins it is only 16 minutes to station of Hony via line 43 Liege <> Angleur/Marloie.
Liège-Guillemins station is a beautiful piece of architecture from the hand of the famous Catalan architect Santiago Calatrava. It is an important railway junction, also for high-speed trains. From here you can easily travel around Belgium, to and from the Netherlands, Germany, France and Luxembourg.
By bike: Camping Les Murets is situated on RAVeL de l’Ourthe, about 17 km south from Liège. RAVeL routes are the generally flatter cycle routes through Belgium.
From Liège, you follow the Ourthe towards Tilff, then towards Esneux, until the village of Hony (after the village of Méry). You cycle past the baker Labasse, under the railway and after 350 m you will find Camping Les Murets on your left.
We are between the nodes 22 & 23 of the Liege Network Node System. From Liège, Liège-Guillemins station is node 1, then you follow 7-6-5-11-13-14-17-21-22. Note ‘Esneux’ in the search.
Rent a bike for a day or more? Have a look here.
On foot from Liège-Guillemins station to the Les Murets campsite
- 17 km flat, along the Ourthe via the Network Node System. At junction 22 you can walk further to the campsite. We are between junction 22 and 23. Liège-Guillemins is junction 1, then 7-6-5-11-13-14-17-21-22. Welcome! Rest, pizza and a beer earned! On foot from Les Murets campsite to Liège? You can get back in 16 minutes by direct train from Liège to Hony station (350m from the campsite)!
- More inclined via GR 57 and pilgrims’ route to Santiago de Compostella ‘Via Monsana
Here is the section of the Via Monsana from the Liège-Guillemins station to Esneux. Camping Les Murets is about 3 km from the GR57 and the pilgrim route to Santiago de Compostella (Via Mosana). You deviate from this route if you want to go to the campsite near Roches aux Faucons. walk to the village of Fêchereux, to the hardened road in this village, and turn left there. After a while this road goes along the Ourthe. After about three quarters of an hour from the point where you turned off, you arrive at Les Murets campsite, after the first two houses on your right, at the beginning of Hony. You are ready for rest, pizza and a beer!