In Hony (Esneux) – nearby at 600m is the bakery ‘Boulangerie Labasse‘. You can walk via the road (exit campsite to the right and keep right) but also along the Ourthe at the back of the campsite to the left you can walk there in about 7 min. Beautiful morning walk!
- Open Wednesday to Sunday from 7.30 am. For a larger group, order the day before.
- Is closed for 3 weeks during the summer months. Then you can go to the bakery in the next village Méry.
In Méry (Esneux) – DIM Boulangerie at 2km (25 min walk, 10 min by bike, 3 min by car). Walking or cycling along the banks of the Ourthe is also great to this bakery! Cross the bridge in Méry and then turn right.
- Open 7 days a week, all year round
- Also filled baguettes
There are also bakeries in Tilff and Esneux – about 7 minutes by car or 20 to 25 minutes by bike on the cycle path along the Ourthe.
Pizza & Belgian beers on our idyllic terrace
We bake pizzas, including vegetarian ones, every day between 6pm and 9pm (Eecept on Monday evenings in September. Then there are no pizzas and the bar is closed). These cannot be reserved. You can take the pizza away or eat it on our terrace or in our brown café. Then you can enjoy Belgian beers, wine and soft drinks at the same time. And for dessert or to cool down in hot weather: an ice cream!
- The bar is open from 10 a.m. in July and August; in September from 12 a.m.
- In high season, we close at 11pm (last call at 10.30pm). In low season, this varies but on Monday nights in September we close at 5pm. Then there are no pizzas either.
Bio grocery shops
- Al Bètchète in our village of Hony-Esneux. A little further down from the bakery in Hony, behind the pharmacy, is the bio-grocery where you can buy local and artisan products such as organic vegetables, cheeses and drinks. You can also buy pasta, rice, lentils,… in vrac there (bring a box!).
- Le blé en herbe in Tilff-Esneux
- Kilucru Primeur in Esneux
- Ferme de la Grande Chevée in Esneux
- Tilff (Intermarché – Lidl) // Esneux (Delhaize) // at about 4km
- within walking distance of TILFF station and ESNEUX station. Tip: take a nice walk there with an empty bag and travel back by train with a full bag (7 min from Tilff and 2 min from Esneux). Note that the train only goes once an hour during the week and once every two hours on weekends.
- There are also smaller shops with groceries in Tilff and Esneux and along the transit road to Esneux.
- Boncelles (6 km): Lidl, Colruyt, Aldi, Action, Brico (DIY), JBC (clothing),…
- Tilff-Esneux: avenue Laboulle
- Esneux: rue du Monument 26
The Friday evening market in avenue de la Station in Esneux (4-7pm) also has food stands.
In Tilff / Esneux… and afterwards enjoy a glass on our cosy terrace 😉 .
Only in bad weather do we open the café inside.