Camping Les Murets is located in the ‘Loop of the Ourthe’ (la Boucle de l’Ourthe), a protected nature reserve in the Ardennes. From the campsite it is therefore immediately beautiful cycling and walking. From Liege-Guillemins station it is a 17 km flat walk along the Ourthe to the campsite.
Hiking map close to Les Murets campsite, Esneux
- Promenade des Artistes / Boucle de l’Ourthe
- Circuit de la Roche-aux-Faucons
- Fontin / Avionpuits / Chemin des Carrières
- Parc du Mary / Rond Bâti
- Ile du Moulin / Les 2 rives
- Boucle de Baory / Brialmont
- Chawresse / Bois des Manants
- De Limoges à Sècheval / Randonnée de la Roche-aux-Faucons
On foot from Liège-Guillemins station to the Les Murets campsite
- 17 km flat, along the Ourthe via the junction network. At junction 22 you can walk further to the campsite. We are between node 22 and 23. Liège-Guillemins is node 1, then 7-6-5-11-13-14-17-21-22. Welcome! Rest, pizza and a beer earned! On foot from Les Murets campsite to Liège? You can get back in 16 minutes by direct train from Liège to Hony station (400m from the campsite)!
- More inclined via GR 57 and pilgrims’ route to Santiago de Compostella ‘Via Monsana
Here is the section of the Via Monsana from the Liège-Guillemins station to Esneux. Camping Les Murets is about 3 km from the GR57 and the pilgrim route to Santiago de Compostella (Via Mosana). You deviate from this route if you want to go to the campsite near Roches aux Faucons. You walk to the village of Fêchereux, to the hardened road in this village, and turn left there. After a while this road goes along the Ourthe. After about three quarters of an hour from the point where you turned off, you arrive at Les Murets campsite, after the first two houses on your right, at the beginning of Hony. You are ready for rest, pizza and a beer!
Tired of walking in the surrounding area? Then take the train south at Hony station (400 m from the campsite) and spend a day walking in the surroundings of Sy or beyond. No lugging stuff around, no parking worries and yet you have been somewhere else for a while.