Hony ~ Esneux ~ Liège/Lüttich (map)
**CLOSED** We look forward to see you again from 29 March 2024.
NEW: CAMPERS and CARAVANS can be max. 6m long. So unfortunately, large campers and caravans longer than 6m can no longer stay with us. Our campsite, with narrow paths, many hedges and old trees, is better suited to ‘small’ camping.
Peaceful nature campsite at the gateway to the Ardennes ~ on the banks of the river Ourthe ~ 17km south of vibrant Liège ~ rustic charm ~ magical place next to a nature reserve ~ good old-fashioned camping that makes you happy!
Camping Les Murets in the village of Hony is the campsite closest to the city of Liège (17 km south) and the only campsite in 4130 Esneux. The small Hony station is 350m from the campsite, ideal for visiting Liège or heading south into the Ardennes. Flat hiking and cycling from the campsite or steeper into the hills. Lovely swimming and paddling in the Ourthe. Idyllic summer terrace with snacks and pizza every day! Large grassy playing field for young and old. On the 73 pitches, you will see a nice mix of tents, caravans and small camper vans. For hikers on foot, by bike or by train, there is always room! We are right on the Ravel de l’Ourthe, between cycle junction 22 and 23.
Liesbeth & Mihai, the campsite owners, give you a warm welcome!
© Toon Royackers
Panorama from the ‘Roche aux Faucons – the Falcon Rock’ with a view of ‘la Boucle de l’Ourthe – the Bend of the Ourthe’ nature reserve, right next to the campsite.
The Ourthe at the back of the campsite ~ the river is lovely to watch and to swim in
Les Murets is a back-to-basic nature campsite** where tranquillity and conviviality are paramount.
- 17km south of Liège, 140km from Köln, 300km from Calais
- view of the ‘Grand Site de la Boucle de l’Ourthe’ nature reserve, our immediate neighbour
- hiking and cycling routes from the campsite with beautiful views
- near swimming water – in the river Ourthe
- at the foot of ‘la Roche aux Faucons – the Falcon Rock’ (224m altitude), the climb to this panoramic view is known as the final slope of the cycling classic Liège-Bastogne-Liège
- HONY station (at 350m) ↔ Liège station (Guillemins) in just 16 min! The area is definitely special yet not very touristy. By train you can go south into the Ardennes to busier tourist areas, where you can also kayak, to return in the evening to the quiet of our campsite….
View from the pitches on the banks of the Ourthe River
The campsite offers
- 73 spacious pitches, also by the river, (partly) hedged and surrounded by lots of greenery with beautiful views
- peace & quiet, nature & charming outdoor life, away from the crowds, without mobile homes or glamping tents
- an idyllic terrace and charming brown café (in cold weather) with Belgian beer and snacks & pizza every day
- recently renovated sanitary facilities with showers without coins, a chemical toilet and grey water disposal. Outdoor showers to cool off or rinse off after a swim in the Ourthe river
- always room for travellers on foot, by bike or by train without reservation, on the beautiful hikers’ field
- a playground and plenty of space to play in nature, table tennis tables, place for badminton and volleyball and sandbox for the little ones. Bats, rockets and other games to borrow!
- you can cut herbs in the garden and our chickens will gladly lay your fresh eggs
- possibility of lighting a fire on your camping pitch or on the communal fire pit
- a camping dog is welcome
We are visited by people alone, people together in all ages, families, divers, climbers, cyclists, hikers, fishermen, visitors of flea markets, people who have been coming here for 50 years or who are just discovering the place…People who are passing through (and then stay longer 🙂 ), people who want to spend a weekend or a longer holiday here… People who come especially for the city of Liège, people who have fallen in love with this magical place…People who love nature and enjoy silence, people who want nothing at all except rest and a good book by the tent….
Conviviality on the terrace
Delightful doing nothing overlooking the nature reserve
Small fire on the terrace
Cyclists and hikers passing through can take shelter and cook under the star tent in rainy weather. Or eat pizza in the bar, of course ;-).
First play, then BBQ and end the evening with a campfire…
Our campsite is located on the banks of the river Ourthe, in the picturesque village of Hony, 4130 Esneux, 17km south of Liège, on the edge of a nature reserve. ©Ruth Swart