Charming camping in the Ardennes
Vintage camping that makes you happy!
Hony ~ Esneux ~ Liège/Lüttich (map)
Arrival from 1pm- 9 pm except Monday until 5pm. No pizza on Mondays. Last camping night on Saturday 30 September! We will be closed from 1 October.
There are very few pitches for motorhomes in the region. Read here what you need to know. Booking a motorhome pitch on our campsite is therefore highly recommended or get in contact before coming without a reservation.
Peaceful nature campsite at the gateway to the Ardennes ~ on the banks of the river Ourthe ~ 17km south of vibrant Liège ~ rustic charm ~ magical place next to a nature reserve
We are open from the 31st of March until 30st of September 2023.
Camping Les Murets in the village of Hony is the campsite closest to the city of Liège (17 km south) and the only campsite in 4130 Esneux. Hony station is 350m from the campsite, ideal for visiting Liège or heading south into the Ardennes. Flat hiking and cycling from the campsite or steeper into the hills. Lovely swimming and paddling in the Ourthe. Idyllic summer terrace with snacks and pizza every day! Large grassy playing field for young and old. Here you will see mainly tents, caravans and (mini) campers. For hikers on foot, by bike or by train, there is always room! We are right on the Ravel de l’Ourthe, between cycle junction 22 and 23.
Enjoy Belgian beers and delicious pizza in our cosy brown cafe!
We are Mihai and Liesbeth, the owners of this idyllic campsite in Esneux, just behind Liège/Lüttich. Welcome!
Panorama from the ‘Roche aux Faucons – the Falcon Rock’ with a view of ‘la Boucle de l’Ourthe – the Bend of the Ourthe’ nature reserve, right next to the campsite.
The Ourthe at the back of the campsite ~ the river is lovely to watch and to swim in
Les Murets is a back-to-basic nature campsite** where tranquillity and conviviality are paramount.
- 17km south of Liège, 140km from Köln, 300km from Calais
- view of the ‘Grand Site de la Boucle de l’Ourthe’ nature reserve, our immediate neighbour
- hiking and cycling routes from the campsite with beautiful views
- near swimming water – in the river Ourthe
- at the foot of ‘la Roche aux Faucons – the Falcon Rock’ (224m altitude), the climb to this panoramic view is known as the final slope of the cycling classic Liège-Bastogne-Liège
- HONY station (at 350m) ↔ Liège station (Guillemins) in just 16 min! The area is definitely special yet not very touristy. By train you can go south into the Ardennes to busier tourist areas, where you can also kayak, to return in the evening to the quiet of our campsite….
View from the pitches on the banks of the Ourthe River
The campsite offers
- 80 spacious pitches, also by the river, hedged and surrounded by lots of greenery with beautiful views
- a natural campsite with mainly tent, caravan and van campers, no mobile homes or glamping tents
- an idyllic terrace and charming brown café with Belgian beer and pizza every day
- renovated sanitary facilities with showers without coins, a chemical toilet and grey water disposal
- always room for travellers on foot, by bike or by train without reservation, on the beautiful hikers’ field
- a playground with gras and plenty of space for children to play in nature
- a friendly atmosphere for good contacts
- peace & quiet (the entrance is in a dead-end street, so very little car traffic)
- nature & cosy outdoor life, away from the crowd
We are visited by people alone, people together in all ages, families, divers, climbers, cyclists, hikers, fishermen, visitors of flea markets, people who have been coming here for 50 years or who are just discovering the place…People who are passing through (and then stay longer 🙂 ), people who want to spend a weekend or a longer holiday here… People who come especially for the city of Liège, people who have fallen in love with this magical place…People who love nature and enjoy silence, people who want nothing at all except rest and a good book by the tent….
Conviviality on the terrace
Delightful doing nothing overlooking the nature reserve
Small fire on the terrace
Cyclists and hikers passing through can take shelter and cook under the star tent in rainy weather. Or eat pizza in the bar, of course ;-).
First play, then BBQ and end the evening with a campfire…
Our campsite is located on the banks of the river Ourthe, in the picturesque village of Hony, 4130 Esneux, 17km south of Liège, on the edge of a nature reserve. ©Ruth Swart