- For those who like a bit of southern temperament
- For those who like to enjoy Liege meatballs…and a Liege waffle…and a Liege coffee 😉
- For those who appreciate historical heritage as well as modern architecture
- For those who love interesting museums and flea markets
- For those who like to shop in cosy alleys and car-free shopping streets
The dynamic city of Liège has something for everyone! And in the evening, tired but satisfied, you return to that wonderfully peaceful campsite 🙂 !
Camping Les Murets ↔ Liège
- Les Murets is the campsite closest to the city of Liège.
- By bicycle on a 17 km long RAVeL route along the Ourthe
- 16 min by local train from HONY station (400 m from the campsite) to Liège-Guillemins station. One hour from Guillemins you are also in the heart of Brussels. Two stops further on is the exit for the city centre, Liège-St-Lambert.
Liege-Guillemins station, designed by the Spanish architect Calatrava. From there it is a 20-minute walk to the centre of Liège, along the river Maas. You pass the museum and park, La Boverie.
After a delicious Liège waffle at ‘La Gaufrette Saperlipopette‘, a good climb up the ‘Montagne de Bueren’…with an incomparable view over the city and a fantastic piece of greenery to enjoy Liège.
… you can do it the other way around too 😉 ….
On Friday mornings there is the ‘brocante de Saint-Pholien’ in Liège, on the island of Outremeuse, Boulevard de la Constitution, until 1 pm. There is a pleasant terrace at the end. More brocante? Click here.
Along the Meuse in Liège, there are cycle routes to the Les Murets campsite.